- About CDI
- CDI Properties
- Executive Team
Be Smart. Bet Smart.
Many people enjoy wagering at racetracks, casinos and/or online as a form of entertainment. At Churchill Downs Incorporated ("CDI"), we take our commitment seriously to providing you with the best wagering experience possible and encourage our customers to make thoughtful decisions about how they spend their time and money in a gaming environment.
CDI feels we have a moral, social and business responsibility to promote responsible gambling among our employees and patrons. Here are some tips to follow in order to wager responsibly:
- Balance wagering with other leisure activities.
- Wager for entertainment, not as a way to make money.
- Do not "chase" losses. Accept them as the cost of entertainment.
- Use extra income to wager, not money needed for everyday expenses.
- Set a time limit.
Responsible wagering is what most people practice, and that means enjoying a healthy relationship with wagering. For some, however, wagering or gambling becomes a serious and progressive behavior disorder that they are unable to control. This can lead to a state of compulsive or pathological gambling. Pathological gamblers cannot resist the temptation to gamble; they cannot stop regardless of their jobs, families or anything else.
How can you tell if you or someone you know has a gambling problem? Gambling becomes a problem when a person:
- Loses time from work, school or family life in order to gamble
- Gambles until all the money is gone
- Gambles to win back money lost through gambling
- Lies to hide gambling activity
- Boasts about winnings but is vague about losses
- Fails time after time to reduce or stop gambling
Help is available 24 hours a day, every day. Call 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) for assistance.