- About CDI
- CDI Properties
- Executive Team
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Churchill Downs Incorporated Foundation is committed to supporting charitable organizations which assist our industry, public welfare, education and the arts.
Types of Grants Awarded
The CDI Foundation supports communities through a broad range of contributions which include, but are not limited to, the interests described below:
1) Our Industry — A priority of the CDI Foundation is to protect and further the interests of our industry, its participants and the patrons. Included in this category are organizations that address the safety and welfare of the horse and riders, the backstretch workers, and responsible gambling.
2) Public Welfare – Organizations that serve to improve the health and welfare of its citizens and programs which strengthen families and provide opportunities for youth to achieve their full potential.
3) Education – Today’s educational systems face numerous challenges in preparing individuals for a rapidly changing society. Education touches people of all ages when considering new citizens of our communities who may be learning a second language or culture. CDI Foundation supports education programs for children and adults.
4) The Arts – CDI Foundation supports programs which serve to enhance or develop aesthetic awareness through education, creation or performance.
Grant Applicant Guidelines
Foundation support can only be contributed to non-profit organizations classified as a 501©3 tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service. Individuals and private foundations are not eligible to receive funds.
Religious organizations are not eligible for Foundation support except those religious educational institutions that are classified as 501©3 tax-exempt, and are fully accredited public or private educational institutions, including primary and secondary schools.
Grant applications must be submitted in its entirety, with all requirements intact in one package, postmarked by June 1, for that year’s grant application review. Final decisions will be made in September.
The CDI Foundation receives many viable grant applications but cannot fulfill all of the requests. Therefore, grants are typically not awarded to the following:
· Organizations whose sole funding source is the CDI Foundation
· Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
· Start-up non-profits’ ‘seed money’
· Organizations who request multi-year grants or more than one grant in any given fiscal year
· CDI Foundation grants may not be used, directly or indirectly, for either of the following:
1. to influence the outcome of a public election or to carry on a voter registration drive
2. for any individual’s travel, study or other similar purposes by an individual
For more information please e-mail: Foundation@kyderby.com