- About CDI
- CDI Properties
- Executive Team
At Churchill Downs Incorporated ("CDI"), nothing is more important to than the safety and integrity of the sport of horse racing. On March 2, 2009, CDI announced a series of groundbreaking new rules and policies designed to enhance the safety and welfare of jockeys and horses competing at CDI facilities. These measures and further safety enhancements remain in place at all CDI racetracks.
In addition, a specials exhibit was established at Churchill Downs Racetrack, the company's flagship facility in Louisville, Ky., that showcases CDI's commitment to safety. The interactive "Safety Center" utilizes audio, video and actual material and equipment samples to educate fans about the numerous policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety, security and well-being of horses and riders at the track.
Use the links below to review CDI's “Safety from Start to Finish” initiatives:
- Churchill Downs Incorporated Racetracks Maintain Focus on Safety as 2011 Racing Seasons Begin
- 2010 Safety From Start to Finish (April 22, 2010)
- Safety Initiatives Announced (March 2, 2009)
- Churchill Receives NTRA Accreditation (April 9, 2009)
- Churchill Downs accreditation application (PDF)
- Pre-Race Safety
- In-Race Safety
- Post-Race Safety
- Other Important Safety Initiatives